Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lost and Found!!

Tonight I found my wedding ring after desperately searching for it for two days. And what relief and happiness. It is more than a piece of precious metal and stone. It is the ring Bryan designed and purchased for me. It has been with me for almost 10 years. It's my WEDDING RING for crying out loud!
I didn't find it in the snow in the back yard (where I thought it might have fallen out of my pocket while sledding with the kids) nor did I find it at the homes of those I visit taught yesterday (I actually asked them to look and look they did). I didn't find it in my car, under the bed, behind my dresser or in any of the drawers of the dresser or in cabinets, jeans, coats or on the driveway (all places I actually looked). No - I found it tucked away underneath a lotion bottle on my nightstand. CRAZY! I don't remember ever putting it UNDERNEATH a lotion bottle. Nor anywhere near my nightstand but I don't care how it got there. I am just so relieved to have found it.
I had imagined it fell off in the field at Daniels Summit where we took the kids snowmobiling the other day (It didn't help that my son told me he thought he saw me take my ring off and put it on the table at the Summit while we were eating dinner). I had begun to imagine it lost forever outside never to be found.
I'm so grateful to have found it and feel so so bad for anyone that has really actually lost their wedding ring and never gotten it back.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hey I'm glad you found your ring! What a relief!

p.s. you enlarge my pics for good quality I think you have to run them through flickr or photobucket. For just snap shots you can change the html code from s400 to s640 this makes them bigger but the quality is not as good. good luck :)