Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wyoming and Yellowstone


Our family vacation for the 4th of July had been planned forever. But when it came time to go Bryan couldn't come with us because of the art festival and work. So I bucked up and took my kids and the camper all the way to Bondurant Wyoming. Check me out! I pulled the camper all by myself! In front of the camper in this picture are: Sophia Hill, Maggie Varvel, Bentley, Annabelle Hill and Cecily (all cousins). I really missed Bryan and so did the kids but we were able to enjoy the trip and all the rest of the family. My brother Allen and his wife stuck close with me on the drive so that I wasn't alone and Allen helped with all the camper set up etc. when we got there. And when it was time to leave he showed me how to empty the "pooh tank" and all that fun stuff. As much as I missed Bryan I am glad that I learned how to manage the camper by myself. Normally I would rely on him to do all of that stuff.

Bentley spent most of his time there fishing and riding his bike. Grandpa Hill spent much of his time baiting and untangling poles for the kids. He really has created a beautiful place there at his ranch. The bridge in the back ground of this picture is new. He built it and put it in last month. He has also put in an entire sprinkler system, stocked the pond with fish, wired power to five camper spots, hooked up sewer to the same five camper spots and planted several trees. He really is a man of vision and hard work. We love grandpa Hill!


Cecily spent most of her time running around pretending to be a horse with her cousin Annabelle. Here they are in the camper watching a movie. Aristocats was the favorite for them.
Here she is riding a real horse. Cecily, Grandpa Hill and Annabelle.Cecily and Annabelle.Bentley and Annabelle on the bridge.
I have so many more pictures to add to this post but it is ridiculously late and I am going to powell in the morning so I will write when we get back.

1 comment:

hecklerwife said...

That looks like such a fun place! We need to go...Tyler has never been to Yellowstone, and it has been a long time for me too.