Monday, November 2, 2009

Brave Girl

Today I took Cecily to the doctor because she had gotten a fever the day before and I was suspecting a secondary infection from the cold she has had over a week. However, before we left for the appointment I started to suspect strep throat (after talking to my friend Rebecca).
At the Dr's office the culture was positive for strep. The doctor said that she could have medicine for 10 days or get a shot today. Cecily thought about it for a second and then said "I'll do the shot instead of taking yucky medicine."
I am telling you that girl is brave. I remember as plain as day when I was given that option as a child (which was many times because I got strep throat so much as a kid) my choice was always the medicine. I didn't care how many days I would have to take it. Anything was better than a shot!
In reality the medicine is sooo much better because all the penicillin is in her now already at work getting the bad bacteria. So hopefully she will be feeling better right away. She is a sweet heart.

1 comment:

mjnetty said...

Wow, I can't believe she'd opt for the shot! I was the same as you as a little girl - always chose the medicine, no matter what. Those puppies are sure cute. What kind are they? Are you selling them?