The kids on Christmas morning.

I wish I had taken more pictures!!
On Christmas Eve we were lucky to enjoy another Christmas dinner this time at my parents house. Bryan made the famous Rowland beans and everyone brought something or other. My mom had the house decorated very beautifully and had put a lot of work into the dinner. I thought a lot about how grateful I was that my dad was there with a good prognosis for his cancer being gone. He even has peach fuzz hair growing back on his head! The last time we were all together as family at his house he had just been diagnosed. We didn't know what the road ahead would bring but knew that it would be hard. This time we were all together with most of that road behind us and it felt good.
We reminisced about our trip to England and shared some funny driving stories with my Mom and Dad, Melissa and Allen because they weren't on the trip. We laughed really hard remembering how we all tried to keep four cars together on those crazy London streets.
We have been able to get some skiing in and the kids enjoy that as well as suiting up and sledding in the back yard. They like to come inside when they are done and Bentley mixes up some hot chocolate for the two of them. I love to see them play nicely like that together!
No comments:
Post a Comment