Last weekend Bryan and Bentley went with my Dad and the Hill boys to Wyoming on a snowmobiling trip.
That left Cecily and I home for the weekend.
We visited Grandma Audrey and the puppies Cody and Christy.
Then Mom, Cecily and I met up with Deanne and Anabelle for dinner at the Chinese restaurant. It is Cecily's favorite. She calls it simply 'The Chinese".
And afterwards we all went to see Alice in Wonderland.
The next day was Saturday and Cecily wanted to go ice skating.
I had been promising her all winter long I would take her.
Spring is fast approaching and the midway ice rink is already closed for the season!
So that night we drove to park city about the time the snow started falling.
I had called ahead to find out if the Park City rink was still open. I was told it would be open from 6 to 8pm that night.
We parked the car and put on our snow gear then walked hand in hand up to the rink where we saw this...
I don't think it is fair to post your hours and then not adhere to them. We made it there at 6:15pm darnit! Cecily's little heart was broken and she took a seat here with a view of the empty ice rink.
But I decided that we could still go and play out on the rink anyways.
She cheered right up and she played and played on the snow in the rink.
We held hands and I spun her around and around until we both got dizzy.
She made snow angels and pretended to be ice skating for a good half hour. At one point she said "This is so fun! Do you think I will remember this time when I grow up?"
I told her that I hoped she would.
And when she was done we went for ice cream.
It was a fun night.
I LOVE YOU CECILY!

1 comment:
I loved reading this--it inspires me to get through these often tough days of parenting, trying to enjoy the moment but also look forward to Mommy-Daughter dates in the future. I just can't believe all the snow you still have there!
Post a Comment