At the viewing before the funeral Cecily got me all choked up. She wanted to see Grandma which I wasn't to sure about. I didn't know how the kids would handle it. Bentley was not interested. Or it made him uncomfortable because he took one look and said "huhm" and walked away. Cecily on the other hand loved being by her side. She said she "didn't want Grandma to die." Which she had previously said before at home over the few days from the time she passed to the day of the funeral, but here standing in front of the casket It was so sweet and I couldn't keep the tears back. Then she said how "beautiful" she looked. She lovingly told me how pretty her hair and dress were. She even noticed her temple apron which she thought was a skirt and said how pretty it was.
It was a lovely funeral with a little twist that I must mention. Somehow the funeral home wrote Beverly's name completely wrong on the little memorandum paper. They had it written right below her picture "Betty Booth Rowland." Her name is "Beverly Booth Rowland." Horrible right? So a lot of the people attending were saying things like, "I didn't know they called her Betty."
Bryan's cousin Tiffany thought of the perfect thing to say at the beginning and let the Bishop who was conducting in on her idea. You see Beverly was really in to acting and had been in many plays and TV and movie spots. So the bishop began the meeting by saying that the part of Betty would be played by Beverly Booth Rowland. The audience chuckled and it helped to ease the mistake and clear up the idea that Betty was a nickname or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment