Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend


This weekend we wanted to take the camper and go down to Bryce Canyon. We decided not to go when the weather report said that it would be snowing there all weekend. I was bummed to stay home the entire weekend when Bryan had Monday off. I wanted to take the opportunity and go somewhere. So did he but the weather was dreary so we stayed home. The sun came out here and there and on Saturday we took the kids Fishing at the duck pond at the Wasatch Mountain State Park. We didn't catch anything but it was enjoyable. Cecily wasn't patient enough with her pole. Whenever she saw the string move a bit from the waves she insisted she had caught something and reeled it in. Just to find out there was nothing there but the hook and that poor old worm. When she got tired of fishing she just played at the little park that they have there. Bentley liked throwing sticks into the little river and watching them go through the tunnell to the pond.
The weather on Monday (memorial day) was so rainy and wet. We went to the home depot and spiffied up the basement a bit. Because of the weather we didn't go visit my Grandmother Curry's grave or my Grandfather Hill's that are here in the valley. We will have to do that this week while all of the flowers are still looking pretty.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Thanks for sending me the link to your blog Cher. It's nice to have a way to keep up on you guys when I'm so far away. The kids are growing up way too fast. Hey tell Bryan to get on the soccer vids of Bentley and Krew he said he'd post for me. See you guys soon!

The 5 Happy Dayz said...

I totally thought I put the link to you blog on mine! It's all been taken care of now! Crazy how our kids are getting so old and big! I swear it was just yesterday when Jer was telling you he never wanted kids! His tune has changed. . .somedays!