
Back to present day - We spent the day (Thanksgiving) at Daniels Summit with the few Hill's that stuck around this year. Grandma and Grandpa Hill (my mom and dad) were there of course and then it was just Allen, Melissa and their daughter Sophia, Bryan and I and the kids. Jeff and Deanne were in Vegas to be with Deanne's family. Gary and Sharilee were home because their daughter Audun was recovering from a tonsillectomy that she had the day before. And Shauna and Eric live in London so we won't be seeing them until they come for Christmas. We missed those that weren't there but know we will be seeing them soon. As for Bryan's side of the family we get to see them tomorrow!
So today's activities included a delicious Thanksgiving Buffet in the lodge that tasted wonderful and required no cooking or dishes on our part! Afterward we went to our special secret spot in the national forest to cut down a Christmas Tree. (Don't worry it was legal. We had a tree permit). I'll post some of the pictures we took on our little expedition when I get them from Bryan's camera.
Cutting down a Christmas tree instead of buying one or having a fake Christmas tree has always been a tradition in my family. From the time I was little we would bundle up and take the snowmobiles out and find the perfect tree. I am a fan of the skinny looking type with space between the branches for the ornaments to hang on. My sister in law is a fan of the bushy type. (Bryan used to be a fan of the bushy type but I think the skinny look is growing on him) I think it all depends on the type of tree your family had growing up.
What kind do you all like? Bushy or skinny? Leave me a comment and let me know. Maybe I should get a poll going...
1 comment:
Since we have lived in so UT we have cut our own tree every year. What a fun tradition. I tried to get Tyler to go last weekend, but he thought it was too soon. I guess we'll have to go later this week.
Post a Comment