Thursday, July 29, 2010

Our French Adventure!

Back in June the kids and I hopped aboard a non-stop flight to Paris then on to Marseille, France. Thankfully we had great traveling companions in my sister in law Deanne and her three kids; Maddy, Jake and Annabelle.
It was a ladies only trip.
Here we are saying goodbye to Bryan at the airport.
I should mention that after we landed in Marseille we stuffed our rental car full of luggage and 7 of us - typed in the address to the villa into the navigation (which was in French) and headed on our way. Unfortunately the navigation led us to a big city dumpster and told us that we had "reached our destination."
Driving a clutch car around tiny, steep, french streets proved to be the death of my driving skills as I stalled it many times!
After being led astray by the navigation we somehow managed to find our way in the complete opposite direction to the tiny village of Eygalieres where Shauna and her family were staying. But not after I sputtered a few mild swear words and kids cried from holding their pee for so long.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Holy smokes. Your trip sounds like so much fun! Adventures are always the best memories!

Heather J. said...

I always love reading about your family's adventures and I know I've said it before, but it's like a preview of upcoming events for me. Your kids are growing up so much and you look amazing. We miss you and your family!

Katie said...

So fun! I need to email you--we are heading there in the fall. You could give us some great tips!