Friday, July 9, 2010

Spring Soccer

You are not allowed to choose who will be on your rec soccer team in Heber. However, siblings can be on the same team. They must have seen these cousins last names on the registration forms and put them on each others teams. Bentley and Krew were on the same team and Cecily and Kiah were their own team too!
This was the first season Cecily has played. She really took to it and enjoyed each game. She scored 3 goals in her first game but must not quite understand the scoring in soccer because she thinks 3 is not very many.
Bentley had all sorts of issues with his cleats. He HATES shoes in general. He is not comfortable unless he is wearing Crocks (unfortunately) so each time he got ready for a game he couldn't stand the socks, shin guards, shoes ect. which left him in a really really bad mood.
When he did get on the field I thought he did great playing defense but in the middle of the season after dragging him to his games I think we all decided soccer isn't going to be his thing. Not because he couldn't play very well but because he didn't enjoy it enough to get over the shoe issue. I LOVE soccer and had a great time playing in high school so I want him to love it like I do - Lesson learned:
TO EACH HIS OWN.
I'll keep hope out for Cecily who seems to really love it.



No comments: