Thursday, June 11, 2009

Memorial Day Camping - 2009

The first camping trip of the year. It was good to de-winterize the camper and get it out to the mountains. The kids enjoyed gathering rocks for their campfire pit and then gathering the twigs for it. Bentley (being the little pyro that he is) enjoyed lighting it. Thank goodness the weather was wet because with the way they were lighting sticks and burning things in the fire the chances were small that they could burn the forest down.
Ethan, Riley, Cecily, Bentley and Sophia. (Sorry the picture is so tiny. It came from Jessica's facebook and I am not techy enough to figure out how to make it any bigger

Cecily by the fire
Bentley working with his camera.
Uncle Allen BBQing up some grub.
Ethan, Bentley and Riley.

Thanks to Allen for finding a sweet camping spot and beating the Memorial Day crowds by taking his camper up there earlier in the week.
It was fun to spend some time with Allen, Melissa and Sophia. And good to visit with Brianne Duncan and Wayne (who sliced his finger with a pocket knife and had to go to the ER for stitches), and Jessica and her kids around the campfire. Good Times.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Looks fun! I miss camping.Being in the Philippines makes camping a bit difficult. Not to mention all the diseases mosquito's carry here.

hecklerwife said...

Sweet boots on Cecily. Zoe has a pair she got for Christmas, but they are still way too big.

Heather J. said...

Wish we could join you...I'm having trouble getting this crew to the amazing NC mountains. Working with an attorney husband's schedule has proved to be less-than-easy. Thanks for the pictures though, it made me feel like I was there in a small way. And yes, Cecily's boots are THE best! We are coming to SLC at the end of August and I can't wait to see you hopefully!