
Look at poor Lucy Dog. She has such a SWELLY BELLY!
It is official. She is expecting pups around October 27th! The vet confirmed this with an ultrasound last week. It was so fun. Her vet is a woman and all the other workers came in because everyone was so excited to see the pups on ultrasound. And they did not disappoint! You could see the pups! And one of them was a real mover. Running with its little legs in mid air. The vet gave me the news that there are at least six pups in there. I was not expecting that and once that settled in I became kind of nervous. I've even had puppy dreams just like when you are pregnant and you have dreams about the baby. I'm all kinds of nervous, but studying up so I can be a good midwife when the puppies are delivered.
Unless the neighbor 2 1/2 pound Yorkie slipped one in when we weren't looking then this is the Dad of the pups. He is my brother's dog and his name is Chaco. He is also Havanese with a chocolate coat. He came over to visit the other day and began playing with Lucy who in her best pregnant attitude growled at him. She is too uncomfortable to play with him like she used to. Can you blame her?
No comments:
Post a Comment