Monday, October 26, 2009

The Tooth Fairy

The night of the day Cecily lost another tooth (thanks to cousin Lauren for pulling that snaggle tooth out) she came to me with a little tiny piece of paper. She asked me to write a note on it. I said "what do you want me to write?"
Cecily - "I want it to say ARE YOU REAL?" Immediately I knew this was a note for the tooth fairy.
After I tucked her in she fell asleep quickly and later I went in to check on her and I checked under her pillow and saw that she had put her tooth, the note and even a little pen for the tooth fairy to answer her note.
Bryan and I debated over what to do because it actually bothers both of us to flat out lie to her. We feel the same way about Santa Claus but have gone along with it anyway. We decided not to kill the dream and wrote on the other side of the note YES and left three dollars under her pillow with the note.
The next morning when I went into Cecily's room I saw her look under her pillow and heard her say to herself in such a nonchalant way, "That was easy." (as if that was the easiest way to find out if the tooth fairy was real or not). At least she is happy from our little lie... We love her so much and this age is such a cute age.

No comments: