I can't seem to find any easter pictures before 2005. So here are pictures of Easters starting in 2005.
---------------------------2005---------------------------
Cecily at 9 months old and Bentley at barely 3 years old.
Grandma Hill gave her this beautiful dress!
We spent Easter in St. George that year and had fun Easter egg hunts at Grandma and Grandpa Rowland's house. Cousins Krew and Kiah were there also. As well as cousin's Brianna and Audrey (who at that time was just a baby).
--------------------------------2006---------------------------------
Here we are in St. George for Easter again. Great Grandma Rowland had just given some Easter gifts to the kids. From left to right: Brianna, Krew, Kiah, Audrey, Great Grandma Rowland, Cecily and Bentley. As you can see from the picture Bentley was not too happy about being in the picture.
Pictured are Kiah (2 years old), Bentley (barely 4 years), Krew (almost 4 years) and Cecily (22 months old). Grandma Rowland gave all the kids some cute bug rain boots that year. We took the boots down to the Virgin River while we were there and the kids stomped and splashed around in the shallow water and caught some snails.
Cecily on the Easter Egg hunt and enjoying a sucker.
Bentley sulking about his dissapointment in the number of eggs he got compared to Krew's. I'd say that is a pretty good haul!
This picture of Kiah, Cecily, Krew and Bentley was taken the same month of Easter at Bryan's cousin Laura's wedding. Since I didn't have a picture of them dressed up for Easter I thought this would do since it was the same month.
-------------------------------2007---------------------------------
I couldn't find an actual Easter day picture for this year either. But here the kids are down in St. George around that time on a hike in Snow Canyon. Bentley just turned 5 and Cecily almost 3.
-------------------------2008---------------------------

In St. George again for Easter in 2008! Bentley just 6 years old and Cecily almost 4. We stayed at my parent's house there and had an Easter Egg hunt again at Grandma and Grandpa Rowland's house with all the cousins on the Rowland side. This year Bentley and Krew saw us hiding the eggs and they said "The Easter bunny doesn't hide the eggs YOU DO!" I think they still believe though. We explained that the Easter bunny hides eggs and sometimes grown ups create Easter egg hunts to celebrate Easter! Not all Easter Egg hunts are from the Easter bunny...
---------------------------2009---------------------------

Bentley just turned 7 and Cecily will be 5 in June. This year we were in St. George the week before Easter and were home in Heber for Easter. The Easter bunny brought baskets filled up with candy and toys but failed to hide any easter eggs. Bentley was thoroughly disappointed. What was I thinking!!!? No Easter egg hunt??? Better luck next year.
At church the kids learned about The Resurrection and I taught songs to the Primary kids along the same lines. We truly are grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and the great sacrifice he made on our behalf. We are also grateful to be members of his church and to learn and know of his teachings.
1 comment:
What a cute idea! I love to see the Easter progression, not to mention how big the kids get. They are so cute. I love to read your posts!
Post a Comment