
I am sad to report that Bentley's Betta fish, "Guppy Fishy" has passed. I found him dead in his bowl last night. He was red in color and lived a good life of three and a half years. He was a good pet to Bentley who named him when he got him at the age of 2 and 1/2 he is now 6. Guppy Fishy had a sponge bob house in his bowl where he spent much of his time - occasionally poking his head out of the little windows. He entertained the kids by puffing up his gills and fins when Bentley would put a little mirror up to the side of his tank.
He was also very tough. Many times he survived when we went on vacation living with no food for days. He also had an amazing talent of forgoing usual tank cleanings. As a matter of fact I think he thrived in those dirty conditions. I personally appreciated him because for a pet he took little work. I had a feeling he might be coming to the end of his life because the last couple of weeks he looked tired and was turning a little dull and grey in some spots. As for Bentley he was a little sad to see that he had died but got over it quickly and asked to flush him down the toilet.
No comments:
Post a Comment