Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Whirlwind New York Trip - October 6th 2008

This was my attempt to get a shot with both of us and Times Square behind us.

So why did we go on a 24 hour trip to New York? It wasn't to see the sights (although we did get some of those in). We went to see a doctor! I have low thyroid and have been on medication for it for about 9 months or so now. Melissa Hill (my sister-in-law) has had some health symptoms that sounded very suspicious for low-thyroid. My sister Shauna while living in Connecticut found this great doctor, Dr. Doyle in Stamford Connecticut. She was found to have a low functioning adrenal gland as well as low thyroid. Since her treatment protocol from Dr. Doyle and many months have passed her health has improved dramatically and her thyroid and adrenal gland counts are healthy again.

As many of my close friends and family know Bryan and I have been struggling for a couple of years now to bring a third little one to our family. Since Cecily was born and we started trying for a third I have had 6 miscarriages. Dr. Doyle and many others in the thyroid community feel through the evidence of the past and present that the thyroid gland has much to do with fertility issues and of course overall health. And since I had one miscarriage before each of my live births This could be one possible problem. Though I have been treated here by local doctors Shauna and I felt that I had more to gain by seeing Dr. Doyle. Melissa is not suffering from fertility problems but had many of the low thyroid symptoms so Shauna flew us both out to see Dr. Doyle.

Our appointments were very worth while and we are so grateful for Shauna and all she did to make it possible. And since we were flying out we decided to see some of the sites of the City as well. Melissa had never been so we squished as much in as we could in a 4 1/2 hour period. We had lunch in the city at Ellen's Stardust Diner (where aspiring broadway singers sing and wait tables). This was at Bryan's recommendation who had been to New York a couple of months ago on business. We visited Times Square, The Rockefeller Center and Ice Rink, St. Patrick's Cathedral, The Trump Tower, Tiffany's and FAO Schwarz. Along our way we saw the Radio City Music Hall, all of the high end shops on 5th Avenue and the Apple/Mac glass building store. It was lots of fun and again I can't thank Shauna enough!!!!

Here is one that actually shows Times Square in the background and me being a cheeseball.
On the "Top of the Rock" (Rockefeller Center). You can see the Empire State Building in the background. Also directly behind and near the waters edge is where the twin towers used to stand before 9/11.
Inside St. Patrick's Cathedral.

The Apple Computer store on 5th Ave. The trees behind are Central Park. In front of where I am standing (not in the picture) is FAO Schwarz.
This picture is one of the many on a small history tour of the Rockefeller Center. It struck a chord considering the wreck the market is in now. (The Building was built during the Depression). Let us all hope it doesn't get this bad.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love New York! How fun that you had a quick trip there. I hope that it turns out to be a truly worthwhile visit, and that this doctor can really help. I love keep updated on your life through your blog!

hecklerwife said...

I know it was a quick trip, but ya gotta love NYC! I wish I could have gone.