About our Mr. Bentley. What a sweet kid. Honestly he is so gentle and low key. (He has his moments of anger and frustration when things bother him like: when his sister is annoying him, when he can't figure something out right away - you know - the usual).
When he was a baby he would watch and "observe" everything as it went on around him. From the day he was born he was for the most part calm. When he was born he didn't even make a peep. When they placed him in my arms I had to ask if he was for sure ok because he wasn't crying or anything. We referred to him as the "thinker." He took his sweet time and finally decided a week after his first birthday to start crawling. Before that day he made very little attempts if at all to crawl. I was all sorts of worried about him because I had never heard of a baby not crawling by one. The doctors always assured me he was fine. And sure enough one day he crawled right in to the next room as if he had been crawling all along. I think that until that day he just never really wanted to crawl. As he has grown that same kind of temperament he had as a baby the "thinker" and the "observer" are still very much him. It would probably do me some good to take on more of his personality because I always talk talk talk before thinking.

Bentley our little "thinker" Born March 1st 2002.
Some of Bentley's favorite things are:
1. iphone games
2. Sponge Bob
3. Playing outside
4. Snowmobiling
5. Science experiments with Dad (including dry ice)
6. Home made macaroni and cheese
7. Foos ball
8. Skiing
9. Making his own movies with his toys and stop motion photography
10.Jumping on the trampoline in the summer time
11.Catching slugs and bugs
I am so lucky to have such a good little boy. I love him so much! He will be 7 years old on March 1st. Bryan and I will be in Hawaii on that day so we celebrated it early. This year instead of having a big party we let him pick the place he wanted to have a birthday dinner at and he chose the Mayan. We had a nice time there. Just the 4 of us. Bentley and Cecily love to explore every inch of that place. While we were there aside from enjoying our time there I couldn't help but think about Larry H. Miller because he had just passed away a few days earlier. The Mayan was his idea and one of his businesses.
Anyway back to his birthday celebrations. The Mayan on Saturday and then Sunday evening we had all the family that lives in the valley come over for cake and ice cream.
At The Mayan
Cousins Kiah and Krew giving Bentley their gift. They got him a little telescope. Perfect for Bentley the scientist!
Enjoying cake and ice cream
Playing in the play room with cousins Krew, Bennett and Jake
4 comments:
oops I accidently deleted my comment- I'm technically
challenged-
you are funny :) and I didn't take what you said as bossy. I was going to post that last night as well- but wondered how much people really wanted to hear about the health study. So... glad you asked and I will post more about it tonight. I loved it- and felt so good doing it. It was hard at times (super bowl party, birthdays, going out to eat ect.) But I really did feel SOOO much better and had more energy than ever before (no tired afternoons where all I could think about was wishing I could nap). I lost 15 pounds in the 30 days. I think that is extreme the average lost 8-10. I am still nursing so that may have something to do with it. And unfortunately I have more to lose :) I gained more weight with this last baby than the others, before and after. anywho- I'll post more tonight
p.s. sorry to hear about your husbands job- times are crazy
That baby picture is adorable!! Do you know how jealous I am of your Hawaiian vacation...VERY! Have fun. Glad your little thinker man had a good birthday!
Happy birthday Bentley! I can't believe how big he is! Times goes by so fast!
Have fun in your vacation!!
Post a Comment