Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kauai Day One Photos

Here are some of yesterdays pictures.
Moloaa Bay.
On our hike along Moloaa bay we found this little shrine type thing with these necklaces so naturally we put them on for a picture.

And when we were done we respectfully but them back as we found them...

The weather yesterday ranged from windy to sunny, to windy to rainy, to windy to sunny.  Every five minutes it seemed to change.  Wind however was the predominant part.
This is the view off of our front porch.
This is the shallow pool area.  I know my kids would love this.  It is the perfect depth for them.
The pool deck and sunbathing area.  Sun where are you???
Some Balinese paper puppet wood sculptures on the walkway to the main house on the estate.
Rope swing at Moloaa beach.  This is about a half a mile walk from our little cottage.

We hiked up and along a shoreline cliff and took in the breath taking views of the pacific.  The wind was strong as the ocean mocked us with its powerful surf.  It really does make you feel small as you look out into the expansion of ocean.  I thought a lot about the movie Castaway and also about LOST as we hiked along the trails. 
Lots of bugs for Bryan to use his Macro lens on.  Many of which were spiders...




This reminded me of a Dharma initiative abandoned car.
Walking along the road from our cottage down to the beach.
One of the sculptures at the entrance of the estate where we are staying.
A random balinese bench on the grounds of the estate.
Right in front of the cottage.
Our little shanty.
One of our little gecko friends in the shanty aka cottage.
More of the Balinese sculpture on the grounds.
A lighthouse we visited.  Well this is as close as we got.  The trail out to the lighthouse closed at 4:00pm.  We were there at 5:00pm.
The winds were really strong and dangerous surf advisories are what we are hearing about.  Where is the calm warm weather I was dreaming about?
This is where I sit in our little cottage to post to my blog.  Not that anyone would be interested to see where I sit but I like the picture because it shows the big windows to the outside in the cottage.
Bryan taking more pictures.  You never can have too many pictures...


In the evening we drove all the way up the coast where the road ends at Ke'e Beach.  We watched the sun set and Bryan took a million cazillion pictures.  You know he has this thing with skies and clouds and light.

Roosters roosters everywhere in Kauai.  No one told me about this.  Here is one enjoying the beach. Had they told me in advance about the roosters I would have packed earplugs so that I could sleep straight through the night.  This morning one woke me up at 4:30am!  After exploring the island I have found that roosters reside everywhere!  Not just at the estate we are staying at as I had previously thought.
Cocky little guy.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like so much fun. What a beautiful place to stay. I think I need a 2nd honeymoon there too!

Marianne said...

I'm so jealous you are there...I love Kauai!! It is definitely the rainiest island (unfortunately), but it is so green and beautiful because of it. I hope the sun comes out for you! I totally know that Dharma and Greg episode too! Awesome!! I'll be looking forward to your updates...we were in Midway today and I'm sad you weren't there. Next time!! Love you!

hecklerwife said...

how amazing. I'm so glad you went.

Andrea and Kasey said...

What a fun adventure!- the pictures are amazing, it's SO beautiful there, and how lucky are you to have such a great photographer there to document everything, even the bugs. Have a great time- can't wait to see more great pics (it's as close to Kauai as I'm going to get for now)

Millie said...

I love it we all need to go some day. looks like you had lots of fun good for you. Love ya but eh way you look great. MILLIe