I awoke this morning in our little cottage to the sound of a cocky rooster's crow that continued for hours. At first I tried to ignore his annoying cock a doodle doo. Finally I drew open the orange flowy curtains to see him strutting around with a hen by his side in a little piece of paradies.
We arrived in Kauai last night at 6:15pm local time. Zipped off the plane with our little carry on luggage and over to the car rental place. We got our car and we were off. The sun was setting and I was overwhelmed by the soft humid breeze and the beauty of this place I had never been before. The humidity always brings me back to my stay in Jakarta Indonesia with my sisters family when I was 19. We took off on the highway towards the place that we had rented. We stopped in one of the little towns on the way for dinner and groceries. By the time we loaded up the car with groceries it was completely dark and we drove the rest of the way guided by sweet sweet google maps on Bryan's phone. It guided us straight to it. The end of our little journey was on dirt roads that were carved through tall tropical trees. Our headlights shone in an eery way lighting up the tropical giants on each side until they shone upon the entrance to our place. The entrance was decorated with Balinese stone sculptures and as I tried to ignore the hacking cough that had taken hold of me since we landed I had to smile because this truly was going to be like a second honeymoon. Bryan and I spent our honeymoon in Bali Indonesia. And in a fun way the place of residence that we are renting here is owned by a woman that must have a love affair with Bali. Our friends that are renting the main house on these estates told us that she is in Bali right now. I would love to talk to her and find out all about her connection to that place. The gardens and house is decorated Balinese style with Teak wood furniture and Balinese Stone sculptures and Balinese puppet art. Just like the real Bali.
So now that the rooster has woken us and we see what lies beyond our windows it is time to go exploring.
I'm not gonna lie. I have thought of my kids almost constantly. Last night as Ryan Juassi was giving us a little tour of the cottage and pool area we saw a giant harmless frog. As a mom I couldn't help but think Bentley would be loving it. And in this little cottage that we are staying in there is a big Balinese bench with a soft cushion and lots of pillows and whenever I look at it I think my kids could have snuggled up on there and this morning I could be taking them out to explore the beach that lies just a small walk from here.
I do miss them but am glad to have this time alone with my honey. I know that they are being well taken care of and will be having fun with their cousins. Thanks so much to those that made that possible (you know who you are) and thanks so much for the Verizon Card. It works like a charm. And now I will be able to post our little adventures while I'm here!
Now I'm off to explore.
No comments:
Post a Comment