Sunday, October 3, 2010

Avignon, France

One day Eric was nice enough to stay back at the Villa and watch all of the kids so the ladies could go out for the day. We drove to Avignon and toured the Palaise des Pepes (The Popes Palace). We had such a marvelous time! It is so fun to hang with the girls!
What an incredible building - but I have to tell you when I think about the history of the popes church and all the money and everything else I get the creeps.
Shauna, Samantha, Deanne, Maddy, me and Audrey infront of a courtyard inside the palace.
Having lunch in Avignon right in front of the Palace.
Me, Shauna, Samantha, Audrey and Maddy.
Me, Samantha, Deanne, Audrey and Maddy.

Audrey, Maddy and Samantha's silhouettes. This was inside the room where the cooks would cook the feasts for the palace. The ceiling was open up many stories to the top where it would let the smoke escape the building hundreds of years ago when the building was occupied.

Inside one of the grand rooms.

The map the map - finding our way around France.

No comments: