Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nimes, France

Thinking back on this day in France I have to smile - my driving skills were so hideous! I stalled the car a few times and once managed to peel out when I started it back up. Also the traffic and parking was crazy there and Deanne and I circled around and around trying to find somewhere to park. Our goal was to see the Roman Arena in the city of Nimes. Once we finally found a spot to park we had a good size walk to make it to the Arena. When we got there the sign on the entrance said it was closed that day due to preparation for a concert of some sort. So we only got to see the outside of it!
It reminded me a little bit of the part in Lampoon's Vacation when they get to Wally World and the moose has the sign that says the park is closed for cleaning that day...
Here are some of us in front of the Arena.
Me and the kids.



This is the Maison Carre. A Roman building from Roman times when the Roman's had control over France. Just our luck - closed for construction that day!

The group (minus Shauna who was taking the picture).
The Arena from Roman times.
Annie, Cecily and Maggie enjoying some ice cream.
Bentley and his crocs.
Annabelle and Bentley.
Walking and walking. We did lots of it - but I loved it!
Old amazing buildings everywhere! After our visit here we drove on to Pont du Gard which I will make a post about next.

No comments: