Monday, November 14, 2011

Mormon Arts Retreat

Bryan and I were invited to attend the Mormon Arts Retreat at Aspen Grove. We are Mormon (members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) and involved in the arts!
Anyhoo, it was a good time. We spent the night up there and went to meetings with other artsy folk who are Mormon.
All joking aside, I found it to be really good to be able to talk to others in the industry in our "break out" meetings. At one meeting in particular we were grouped with others in the film group where we talked about all the craziness of being in business for ourselves.
Besides our "film group" there were artists, ,writers, and musicians (Michael McLean even made an appearance).
We got to meet up with some old friends and meet new ones too.
Aspen grove was a beautiful place to stay. The trees and mountains were lightly dusted with snow that morning when we woke up. (above picture)
I was blown away by the art of J. Clark Richards and Cassandra Christiansen Barney

1 comment:

mady rowland said...

you guys are the hottest couple seriously!!