
(All pictures courtesy of Uncle Erik who had his picture phone with him in the ER).
Bentley was stabbed in the foot by some gardening shears when they fell off of a shelf in a garage while he was reaching for something else. (All of the
band aids on his
forehead were unrelated to the gardening shear accident). Witnesses say the accident scene was really bloody. He was playing at Krew's house and I got a phone call from Casey Davis who was also playing over there saying, "Cher Bentley is gushing blood all over!" Cecily and I quickly got in the car and drove down to Mo and Erik's. Erik was on the porch holding Bentley while putting pressure on the laceration. He carried him into the car and didn't let go of the foot until we were in the ER. This is when I first got a glimpse of the cut and although the bleeding had finally stopped I got so nausiated and woosy. Quite embarassing. I'm glad that Uncle Erik was there to help because Bryan was still at work and in the end I couldn't even drive us home from the ER because I was close to passing out. Erik had to drive us home. The cut was not wide, but deep, like a stab wound. It only required two stitches (the doctor said it would need five if it were on the face). Bentley was very brave and I am grateful he is ok. Graffic pictures to follow.


3 comments:
oh man... been there done that several times this summer with my boys (at least my husband can stitch them up right on our kitchen table). hope he is OK.
Ouch! wow Bentley! You are so brave. Now you can let everyone at school you got into a knife fight... and of course you won because he was at your feet!
Hey Cher- It's me Katie Rowland (Ryan's wife). I just found your blog so I thought I would say hello. Our blog address is katienicolerowland.blogspot.com but it is private. I would love to add you but I need your email address. If your interested send it to krowland@email.com. Hope things are going well for you guys!
Katie
Post a Comment