Monday, August 18, 2008

Butterfly Lake/Camping

Since school starts tomorrow we decided to take the kids camping over the weekend. We had a great time. We headed up the Mirror Lake byway and found a neat spot in the woods about 10 miles past mirror lake. We rode bikes on the dirt roads, roasted marshmallows and hot dogs, threw rocks into the river, captured bugs, hiked around butterfly lake and visited the ranger station where the kids got to choose a book. Bentley chose the bug book and Cecily the bird book. Cecily keeps telling me that "Bentley is the bug expert and she is the bird expert.
I like this one because you can see Bentley's toothless grin. He lost the other front tooth last week. Just a couple days after he got stitches in his foot.
This is a sweet picture of them both in front of the lake. You can see some of the pretty flowers they picked in Cecily's hand.
Cecily at Butterfly Lake. She enjoyed picking some of the beautiful wildflowers. Red, purple and yellow.
A lily pad blossom.
Bentley at Butterfly Lake. He was in awe of all of the lily pads.
Good memories.
Sister and Brother.
I think this is the sweetest picture.
Mom and Cecily. Of course Bryan took all the photos so I only have a couple of him. I'm always grateful for the pictures he takes but sad that he is not in any of them.
Cecily and Bentley walking along the trail.

No comments: