Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Disney Land Summer 2007

I used to think that I needed to print out all of my digital pictures and make a scrap book but since I started blogging I realized this is a much easier way to document the goings on of our little family. I have even come across some websites that can take your blog and print it into a hard cover book! So here I will begin bringing up some older pictures to document. First our trip to Disney Land last summer.We split the drive into two days with the first day taking us to Grandma and Grandpa Rowland's house in St. George where we met up with all of the other cousins and bunkered down at their house for the night. The next morning we were up early to make the drive but not before Cecily woke up in the middle of the night throwing up. I felt so bad for her. She was so sick and we had such a long drive to make. She was so excited about going and then with this sickness she said "Now I can't go to Disney Land with this sickness." We assured her that we were still going even though we new it would be a tough ride. In this picture she is in the back of the car with her little throw up bowl which she used several times on the drive to Disney Land. Luckily though she was fine the next morning and no one else got sick. I really felt like that was a blessing. With all of the little cousins with us I was amazed that no one else got sick.
Krew, Bentley, Grandpa and Grandma Rowland, Cecily and Kiah right inside the Disney Land gates. It was Grandma and Grandpa that planned and paid for the entire trip! We had such a great time with all of the cousins. And are so thankful to Grandma and Grandpa for the trip.
Myself and Bryan in line for the Indiana Jones ride. Just before closing we ran from our hotel all the way into the park to ride it before it closed. I think Grandma and Grandpa took the kids for us so that we could catch some of the grown up rides. I love the Indiana Jones ride and California Screamin roller coaster and the Tower of Terror (both at California Adventures). I just love Disney Land. I think I get more excited than the kids about being there.
Cinderella, Cecily and myself. Those princesses are so sweet. And this was the highlight of the trip for Cecily.
Aunt Amy imitating the princesses. Everytime I look it this it makes me laugh. She is so funny.
Bentley with his old doo. I miss that hair but he made us cut it when he started kindergarten. He said he looked like a girl. I guess I can see why he felt that way but I think that kind of hair says "little boy."
They look like they love eachother here don't they? They have their sweet moments.
This is my favorite picture of Cecily and Bryan. Look at their blue eyes. I think we were in line for the "Soarin over California" ride.
Here is Bentley hiding under a table from the characters. He knew there was a real person inside the costumes and he wasn't having any of that.
Bentley and Krew with their Mickey Ears.
Cecily and Bentley comfortably situated in their strollers. Bentley was old enough to walk but since we don't have a third we figured why not? We could use it for bags and stuff too anyways. We had such a great time at Disney Land and have so many great memories from the trip. Grandma and Grandpa Rowland have created many for us. I will have to post pictures from way back when they took us to Nauvoo in a moter home. One summer they took us to San Diego and we stayed in the historic Del Corinado on the beach. And of course all the fun trips to Lake Powell with the house boat. Then there are the trips we have taken with my parents and our trip to New York to visit my sister.
I have a lot of catching up to do if this is to be my family scrapbook!

No comments: