Monday, August 25, 2008
My photos of the camping trip in the Mirror Lake Byway.
I titled this post "my photos" because you will see there is quite a difference between my pictures and the ones in the previous post (that were all Bryan's shots). Despite the fact that my pictures are poorly lit and quite out of focus they do serve a purpose. Bryan gets the artsy shots and I like to document the location, camp spot and goings on of the group. To view this post you may need to use your squinter eyes for some of the pictures.
See how dark it gets in the wilderness at night! This is a picture of the glowing window of our camper. Those of you who know me know that I have an intense fear of bears, so of course I have taught my children to make lots of noise when we are hiking etc. My tag line is "BEARS GET OUT OF HERE!" Cecily just goes, "WAPOE! WAPOE! WAPOE!" It's awesome I can now rely on her to make the noise and just act like I'm not afraid.
Here is Cecily all ready for bed. This little girl gave us all such a fright one of the nights when we were about asleep. In the dead silence she knocked really hard on the wall of the camper waking us all in terror. I thought some random person in the woods was knocking on our door (we were not in a campground and I wondered where this person came from and what it was that they would want from us) somehow Bentley and Bryan thought it was a bear. HA HA! In hindsight that is hilarious because bears don't knock on the door. "KNOCK KNOCK I'm a hungry bear let me in!"
She had a good laugh and now she tries it at home all of the time. Going around the house knocking on things and waiting for us to react. She can't scare us anymore though.
The two crazy fire addicts.
Throwing rocks into the river for the dog to chase. (Helmets optional for this activity)
Lucy Dog
We had such a good time riding bikes around the dirt roads.
Cecily rode on the back.
Out of focus. I know. But I thought it was cute.
Cecily soaking up some sunshine.
Studying up on their bug and bird books. We can't wait till our next camping trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment