A little update on what we have been doing here in Kauai. On Saturday we drove down to Poipu Beach. This area is a little more "condo-ish" and not as charming and different as the North Shore area is. We went there to see the spouting horn. This is where the water from the ocean spouts up and out of a lava tunnel where the water and earth meet at the shore. It makes a loud "breathing" noise as the waves come in and the water spouts up into the air. Afterwards we walked a bit to the south and found an area where a large number of roosters and chickens hang out. There were all kinds of little chicks chirping and digging in the grass. Then it started to rain like crazy and we ran back to our car. On the drive back to our place we stopped in a little town and checked out some shops and had dinner. In one of these shops we found a shirt that pays tribute to all the wild and free roosters on the island and we just had to buy it. It has a picture of a proud rooster on it and it says, "Kauai's favorite bird - Da Proud - Da Free."
On Sunday we went to church at one of the wards here. The people were the most welcoming and nice to us. The relief society makes these necklaces and puts them on all the visitors. The lady that gave us ours gave us a big hug. It was the warmest most generous hug ever. I'm not joking around about this. Later Bryan told me that it brought tears to his eyes...
It was fast and testimony meeting so it was neat to hear some of their testimonies. After church we came back to our place and walked down to the beach where we relaxed and searched for sea shells for the kids.
Today when we woke up it was raining. Again! We ventured up north to the Napali coastline trail. We hiked in two miles to one of the little beaches accessed only by this trail. It was amazing and muddy and rocky. We took lots of pictures (as usual) and when I get some time I will post them to the blog.
This evening we went out to dinner with Rebecca and Ryan Juassi (friends from Heber). It was lots of fun! They have been staying here on the Estate in the bigger house with their 4 kids for the past two months! (Lucky them) It has been a good day and now I'm ready for bed.
I guess my blog is turning into some kind of a journal or something where I ramble off all of the activities of the day. Don't worry it is only temporary...
1 comment:
I'm glad you are having such a great vacation. Enjoy it and I can't wait to see more pictures!
Post a Comment