Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kayaking Wilue River and Hike to the waterfall

I can't remember the name of this waterfall. Anyway we kayaked up the river and then hiked a mile to it. Kayaking was really neat. Our camera was packed away in the waterproof bag so I didn't get any photos of that. Too bad.
Today was rainy and cloudy and WINDY! This made for a rough paddle trip back down river paddling for our lives against the strong wind.

It also made for muddy sloshy trails! The muddy hike took us deep in the jungle forest.

I thought these two trees with their roots stretching out looked like chicken legs and feet.

I'm sure you'll be happy to know that chickens and roosters were also at the waterfall. It just wouldn't be Kauai if they weren't there now would it?
This is the only picture I have of some part of the river we kayaked in. It reminded me so much of the ride at disney land with the fake elephants.
Just a shot I took as we were zooming a long in our car on our way to the river. I love it. It's like a palm tree forest.
P.S. I think I'm ready to come home now.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

It looks so awesome!! Mud and all! I look forward to your updates...sorry the weather hasn't been better for you. It's still nicer than here though!!

Anonymous said...

My sisters and I did this same kayaking and hiking trip back when I was in high school. Who knew kayaking would be so hard....but the waterfall is beautiful and so worth the trip!!!

Monica said...

How amazing! I need to take a trip like this.. I really, really do.