I know it is getting ridiculous how many pictures I have posted from our trip. But here are some that Bryan sent over to my computer last night. Bare with me. After this post I think there are two more I will make about Kauai. One will be of all the cool nature shots Bryan took there and the other will be pictures of the accommodations of which I would recommend to anyone.

It is a seal at Ke'e beach on the North Shore checking out a cocky rooster.

The cocky rooster himself.

Another one of the two of them giving each other the eye.

The sign at the beginning of the trail that goes along the Napali coast.

One of the rocky conditions you will find on the trail.

And then there are the roots that intermingle with the trail. That is me making my way up it.

Look closely and you will see me near the upper middle of the picture. This puts the size of the roots into perspective.

The further up the trail we went the muddier it got.


But the view was worth it.


More mud.

This is the sign posted as you near the first beach 2 miles in from the trail head. If you are wondering I added up the marks representing people that have drowned at the beach - it totals 82. The locals said it is not a joke. And after being at the beach and witnessing the giant waves crashing on the rocks and cliff walls I believe them. We had an image in our mind of a pristine sandy beach we could swim in to refresh us from the hike. When we got there there was actually no sand whatsoever just giant lava rocks with waves crashing and roaring. Later I read that in the summer the water on the North Shore is calmer and the sandy beach that we never saw actually returns. Too bad for us it disappears in the winter months.

Me crossing the river to reach the beach.
1 comment:
Glad you got to go. I love that place. Sorry it was so cold, when we went there was record rain and lots of flooding but it was still warm. You will have to go back.
Post a Comment