Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Maui for Shawn and Mady's Wedding!

The beautiful bride - Photo by Bryan
Mr. and Mrs. Shawn Rowland - Photo by Bryan
The happy couple - Photo by Amy Bell (I am technically challenged and can't make this photo bigger)

Our trip to Maui was great! I was really stressed out about going because my Dad had recently been diagnosed with cancer. I didn't feel like leaving him and I didn't want to leave my kids again because I had left them behind in March when Bryan and I went to Kauai. But after my Dad said I should definitely go and Deanne and Jeff said they would let the kids stay with them (again) we packed up and headed to Maui. It was wonderful to be there for Shawn and Mady. The wedding was so small and personal. The Judge who married them was also a stake president and he did a wonderful job and made the ceremony special. I am so glad we were there.



These pictures were taken after the ceremony and the wedding breakfast.


I had to put this picture in even though it is not that great. We had dinner down at Wilea shopping area the first night we were there. Our waiter was great but he was sweating so badly. While he was taking our orders he stood right above me as beads of sweat clung to his chin rolling back and forth. I knew any minute one of those sweat beads were going to fall right on me. Sure enough one let loose and splattered on my skirt. We all had a good laugh about that (or they did at my expense).
Here is Bryan making fun of the situation.

While on the island we enjoyed snorkeling at Wilea, a tourist trap Luau out in Hanalei, Iao Needle State Park and snorkelling and Snubaing out at Mokolini Crater. We stayed in a condo with Phil and Amy and Erik, Moana and baby Kobe. Kim, Marlene, Alex and Emily stayed in a seperate condo near by. Amy and Phil and Bryan and I rode in a rental car together and had some good laughs and hit some good restaraunts. We had such a great time with everybody.
Iao Needle State Park



Amy and Phil at a delicious BBQ joint we found.
And the next few pictures were taken at the wedding dinner the night before the wedding. It was a lovely location and being there at sunset sitting outside was great.
Amy and Phil


Shawn is so happy!

Mady and her mom

No comments: